Friday, February 28, 2014

Overwhelmed

Today, I am 100% overwhelmed with my AI disease(s) and the possibility of my daughter having them as well.

I researched Nummular Eczema. No known cause. Doesn't go away. Cause by temperature changes and stress. Prevalent in patients who either have, or have a family history of, allergies, asthma, or atopic dermatitis. *ding ding ding* We have a winner, folks.

Then, Sebborheic Psoriasis (or Scalp Psoriasis) according to www.psoriasis.org. It is nasty. And had I not just stopped at a dermatologist's diagnosis 5 years ago, and a PA dermatologist's diagnosis 4 years ago, and searched for someone who would LOOK at me, not just glance, I'd have had this diagnosis ages ago. AND, I may not have gone almost bald on the back of my head from it.

My daughter also has something I had as a teen. Something that can be outgrown. Ichthyosis. So, I apologize to her daily. She is so my daughter, it isn't funny. I had that as a child. I also was told I had psoriasis. Her joints are hurting her. Hips, knees, feet. That is where my RD started. I'd been like that since I was her age, as well, but no one would ever listen. We _will_ get to the bottom of everything with her. I don't want her to have to suffer like I did, not when the medical advances we have now. 

So, I am on the verge of tears. Fighting fears beyond belief. The only way I can get most of the stress out of my body, is to do exactly what I am doing now, blog or journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment