Monday, February 24, 2014

Weekends and me

For many people, weekends are the time to relax, enjoy family time, and catch up on laundry/house cleaning. I used to be one of those people.

Don't get me wrong, I still work on laundry (although my children do a lot of it, I just separate and fold it), I catch up on some cleaning, definitely have family time.

But, Monday - Friday, I have no choice but to ignore fatigue, pain, and all the other nastiness that comes with RD.

On Friday, around 4:30 PM, my body goes into recovery mode. The fatigue becomes so intense I can no longer ignore it, and I crash, hard.

This past weekend was no exception to it. However, I struggled through the pain and fatigue because I wanted to support our HS Band in their annual Spaghetti Dinner fund raiser. It was worth every last spoon I could find to attend this wonderful event.

Before we went to the dinner, however, I made sure I received my MTX injection.

When we got home, I took all my meds, to include 1 amnitriptoline to help with the added stress. The rest of the weekend was sort of spent in a daze. Even after the medication wore off Saturday, I was beyond exhausted on Sunday. 

It is a vicious cycle. Kind of like chronic pain and depression.

I have a lot of things I need/want to do today. Finding the spoons & motivation to do so may be difficult, but I will try my hardest.

One thing I have learned, my body and mind can endure more than I think they can. I know I have to set my limits, and I do have them. However, sometimes I raise the "bar" on them just a tad, so I can get through a day or week.

This weekend will be another challenge. One I will face with a smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment