Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Psoriasis

I don't know whether I want to laugh or cry. 

I saw a dermatologist right today. The positive - no melanoma. However, with my AI & meds Oh, and not to mention my dad passed away from Merkle Cell Carcinoma, I have to get checked annually. 

Another skin "inspection" revealed my horrible eczema. Eczema comes in many forms, but I'm never normal.

The final, was my ears. A rash that has been happening for YEARS. When it is not infected, it is classic psoriasis. The location it could also be called seborrheic psoriasis. I FINALLY FOUND A DERMATOLOGIST WHO WILL LISTEN. I told her that I grew out of the rash that comes with it for the most part, but my elbows used to crack and bleed, they are dry. 

There we have it. At least I am already getting treatment for an AI.

Last night, I attended my son's band concert, and for the first time, in YEARS, I was NOT in dire pain. I was able to walk, sit, stand, and just be the old me for a while. I think a lot of it had to do with the fact I told myself before I left the house, "You will not let any pain get to you. Ignore any that is there."

The pain was minute, and I didn't let it hit until after I got into the car. It was noticeable, too. Many people where genuinely HAPPY to see that I was not in pain and I could walk. Love my positive attitude and what it can do for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment