Thursday, February 13, 2014

Giving in

I had to give in and start the amnitriptoline again last night. I found it really helps with easing the pain associated with fibro, which, when flaring, sends my RD in overdrive. It is nice to _not_ have a massive headache right now. 

A cool thing happened earlier, when ordering my Orencia. The company researched and found out that we can do a three month supply at a time. I could not be happier. I love when things are made easier.

I am also happy that pain is minimal today. Regardless of how I am feeling emotionally, I am not screaming in pain today.

I think of all the times I get told to try this product or that product. I understand some of the people are genuinely concerned about how I am feeling and trying to find a way to keep me out of pain. Others, they are trying to make money with new products that are available, but not regulated.

The last time I tried one of these products, I ended up with a huge rash on my chest. It was TERRIBLE. I think it conflicted with my RD medications. That was almost eight months ago, right before my surgery. Thankfully the medicines I took helped it go away. 

I find that as long as I can stay positive, and keep my depression at bay, my RD pain is at the low end. I just can't tell people enough how important having a positive attitude toward EVERYTHING can make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment