Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Weather, Emotions, and Headaches, OH MY

Our weather has been "stable" lately. It has been freezing, literally below 32*F, but the pressure has not been crazy. We are starting to warm up over the next few days, and it looks as if it will be steady for about six days. That will be helpful, too.

Don't get me wrong, my joints still hurt, but they don't shoot pain through me, making simple tasks unbearable. 

Like most people with any type of chronic pain or AI disease, I fluctuate between different emotions. Guilt, depression, helplessness, negativity as well as the elation, love, positive factors, etc. I still do not know which one feeds the other, though. I know when my pain increases, my "down" emotions become more prevalent and harder to manage. But, on the other hand, I can feel the "up" emotions and still have a significant amount of pain. However, when external factors hit me like a ton of bricks, I find the joints scream louder than normal. 

Then, with all the external stress (negative), I get massive headaches. They are terrible. Some stem from the pain I feel in the joints of my neck, others from the tight muscles in my shoulders/neck, and then of course, we can't rule out the sinus factor, since there are several strands of the cold & flu running around the schools, and of course, coming home.

I know life will always throw wrenches into my wheels. I try my hardest to just keep going, hoping the wrenches will find their own way out so I can continue with the "have to's". But, sometimes it is so big and tough, I can't blow it off and break down. I am just fortunate and happy that the recent "wrench" came when the weather was not being wonky and when my over-all pain was not as bad as it could have been. 

No comments:

Post a Comment