Monday, February 28, 2011

Something new to me

So, Saturday night, I picked up my daughter's new book Vampire Diaries and began reading it. I just wanted to check out the writing style, etc. I looked at my finger holding the book open, both hands, and they were dark. In the absence of light in the room (the light behind me in the kitchen was on) it looked like they were black.

I went into a panic. I've never seen my fingers turn purple before. From my 2nd knuckle to my finger tips were deep purple (even after the light was turned on) on all 10 fingers, all the way around them. Between the 2nd and 3rd knuckles, they were starting to change colors.

Oddly enough, they were very cold too. But, my hands have been cold before and not turned colors. My husband looked at them and just held them for a few minutes. I bundled them in a blanket for about 20-30 minutes and then looked at them. They were still slightly purple, but not cold anymore. About 1 hr after that, the normal flesh color had returned to my hands and finger tips.

I had looked at my feet/toes during this, and they were not affected with the same thing.

Looking at them today, I notice that one of the veins he looked at and asked if it was normal, is not as prominent.

No comments:

Post a Comment